Ward boundary on LDS map is incorrect.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dehitch

Ward boundary on LDS map is incorrect.

Post by dehitch »

I am The Bishop of the North Platte, Nebraska First Ward. The ward map on "My Ward" clearly shows the boundary on Maple Street. It is supposed to be o Willow Street. This has caused confusion with people who have recently moved here. How do I go about getting this little glitch corrected?
drepouille

Re: Ward boundary on LDS map is incorrect.

Post by drepouille »

What does the Kearney Stake have to say about your glitch?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dehitch wrote:How do I go about getting this little glitch corrected?
If the stake has a record of the boundary and it was not recorded properly at Church headquarters, they can bring that to the attention of the Boundary Change Committee and it will be fixed. Otherwise, the stake will need to make a formal boundary change request and have it processed using the normal procedures.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We went through one of these where the final map WE sent to headquarters didn't match what we finally decided on as the final boundary. Luckily within a few months we had a reason to change again and piggy-backed the next change.

IF Church is in error there is a boundary change submitted with the correct map they can reference
IF the Local units (Stake) is in error a new boundary change will need to be submitted.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”