Duplicate Home Teaching Assignment of Household

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jburg

Duplicate Home Teaching Assignment of Household

Post by jburg »

How do we delete a duplicate home teaching assignment household? Somehow, we have the same household showing up twice to be home taught in the "Companionships" tab (at https://www.lds.org/htvt/#/companionships), even though their household only shows up once in the "Households" tab (at https://www.lds.org/htvt/#/households), and in other areas of LCR. If it's helpful to know, the head of house is an elder in the Elder's Quorum; however, we have assigned the household to be home taught by the High Priests (since the head of house is almost never around, and his wife prefers to be home taught together with her parents by the High Priests). I'm not sure, but I think the Elder's Quorum did not understand that originally, and may have somehow created an additional assignment for the same household, so they could home teach them as well, but I have reassigned that record to the High Priests group, so it is listed there to be home taught twice now. How do I get rid of one of those?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Duplicate Home Teaching Assignment of Household

Post by scgallafent »

Edit the companionship and remove both assignments from the companionship. Save the changes to the companionship. Edit the companionship again, add the assignment back to the companionship, and save the changes. That should resolve it.
jburg

Post by jburg »

Thanks very much for your response, and for helping us resolve that! I admit that I didn't think that solution would fix this duplication problem, but it did. (I obviously don't understand very well how that works.) If there's an opportunity for me to understand more, I'm real curious how that duplication happened in the first place, so we can avoid that problem in the future.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jburg wrote:Thanks very much for your response, and for helping us resolve that! I admit that I didn't think that solution would fix this duplication problem, but it did. (I obviously don't understand very well how that works.) If there's an opportunity for me to understand more, I'm real curious how that duplication happened in the first place, so we can avoid that problem in the future.
I'm not sure what caused it to get it in that state. The system should be preventing it and I don't think we've gotten other reports of this scenario.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

That can happen when the household is changed so there is a new head of house, or if households are combined, etc.. If there was an assignment to the old head of house, then the head of house is changed it will let you assign the new head of house and it doesn't know to remove the old head of house from the previous assignment, so it appears as a duplicate. It's difficult to tell just from within the app which is the old and which is the new so scgallafent's solution is the easiest way to fix it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”