Opening Content of Gospel Library on Kindle and Samsung 7

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mschoener

Opening Content of Gospel Library on Kindle and Samsung 7

Post by mschoener »

I have not been having any issues with this until today. I purchased a new Kindle Fire and received it yesterday. I opened the Gospel Library App this morning to read scriptures and I got an error message saying that I needed to connect to the Internet even though my internet connection was connected and strong. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it hoping that would clear up the problem, but it didn't. I also now have the same issue on my other Kindle and also on my Samsung 7 smart phone. If the content has already been opened, that is fine, but if not, then it won't open it and again gives me the error message that it failed to download.

I contacted Amazon.com hoping that they could help me, but they were not able to figure out what was wrong. They transferred me to Tech Support and I was then told that the Gospel Library App was no longer compatible with Kindle devises. I guess not with the Samsung 7 smart phone either because I have the same issue on that where I cannot open any content that has not already been open on that devise.

So what is the problem and is this going to be fixed?

Margaret
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Opening Content of Gospel Library on Kindle and Samsung 7

Post by sbradshaw »

The Gospel Library content server is down, affecting Gospel Library for iOS, Android, and Windows. The problem has been identified and should be resolved within the next 4–5 hours.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mschoener

Post by mschoener »

Thank you for your prompt response.
aaron.kirt

Post by aaron.kirt »

I'm having the same problem. Is the server still down, and if so do you have a revised timeline?
Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aaron.kirt wrote:I'm having the same problem. Is the server still down, and if so do you have a revised timeline?
The content server came up late Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, it apparently has stopped working again.
mschoener

Post by mschoener »

Mine is working now. Thank you
apc145

Post by apc145 »

I can not get the app to open on my Samsung 7. Hubby had trouble on his Samsung 5 last night. We stream audio scriptures at night. So I used my phone last night, and now mine won't open this morning either. Just the endless loading bar. Is the server down again? I restarted phone and cleared memory.
pak57

Post by pak57 »

same problem
DebbsSA

Post by DebbsSA »

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung S7. Just the endless loading bar. Any further progress yet?
chadcole

Post by chadcole »

I've been having the same problem for several weeks now - I get a message that the download failed on my Kindle. Working fine on my phone.

Same problem on my wife's Kindle and my friend's Kindle. (All Kindle HD 8 model.)

Return to “Android Gospel Library”