Changing password every 3 months

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
elandeen

Changing password every 3 months

Post by elandeen »

I am a service missionary working in Church History Special Projects. I am called to serve for one year. Is there any way I can continue to use my current password without changing it for my period of service? It is a password that I have had since at least 2012 and is simple and easy for me to remember and use. I have it saved on my personal computers, tablets and phone for family history and I would hate to lose it. Can I set up a different account for the work that I do in Church History for my mission and change that password every three months? What would happen if I did not change my personal password? Is there any way I could get the password back after I finish my service mission? It is such a personal and useful password that I am afraid if I change it, someone else will pick it up and I will not get it back again. Do I have any options?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing password every 3 months

Post by russellhltn »

elandeen wrote:It is such a personal and useful password that I am afraid if I change it, someone else will pick it up and I will not get it back again. Do I have any options?
The password that others use has zero effect on what password you can use.

As long as you are added to the church "Workforce" you'll have to change your password on a regular basis. Typically, systems don't allow you to re-use a password for a number of password changes. Typical values are between 1 to 10. But once you got past that number, you can then reuse a prior password.

Typical user strategies for password changes is to add a digit to the password and keep incrementing it. Once you get to "9", you go to "0" and then back though the digits again. (Assuming the system password lookback is 9 or fewer.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”