UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
SEDAME

UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

Post by SEDAME »

THE GENEALOGY SITE DOES NOT ACCEPT MY USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD, HOWEVER, THE SAME INFORMATION WAS USED TO ENTER THIS SITE.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: UNABLE TO ACCESS GENEALOGY SITE

Post by russellhltn »

Which site are you referring to? LDS Account only works at FamilySearch.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lethastyles

Post by lethastyles »

I have registered my mother for the free genealogy account but it then says invalid username or password, when I request the username be resent it sends it as I typed it but when I enter it and try to retrieve the password it says the user name it just retrieved for me, which is the one I registered, is invalid.
rossemaryvargas

Post by rossemaryvargas »

You need activate your account.
After sign in LDS.org>Accounts settings> verification in two steps you will see if the account is activated.
cfpops

Post by cfpops »

I just completed the username and password and thought I was granted access. I logged out, then attempted to login again. It said that either my username or password are incorrect. I had emails and text messages sent to me for the username and then for password. Those are correct, but I still cannot sign in. I have checked the forums and wiki and still cannot fix this problem. Help! David
bstickler1295

Post by bstickler1295 »

I am having the same problem. Just signed up today and it wouldn't work. I verified my account via text first and it wouldn't let me log in. Tried signing up for another account with a different email and it still would not work and I verified with email that time. I tried resetting password as well. Nothing works.
hollybarnett73

Post by hollybarnett73 »

I'm having the same problem
JohnEF1942

Post by JohnEF1942 »

I am having the same problem.

I am also having the same problem when trying to directly log into the Family Search Org site. However, I can login through the LDS option.

The login fails but when I get the UserID and password confirmed I get the same ID and password that I was trying to login with!

I keep going round in circles - very frustrating.
scottchochon

Post by scottchochon »

Same same here. I can log into this LDS site to pot. BtUt when it comes to logging into the family search.org site.......I get the same. I copy and pasted the user name I set up and it sent. But it doesn't recognize it when I try to recover my password and enter it in. Not much help and a lot of time wasted trying to use what I thought was an awesome app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For those who are unable to access FamilySearch, is there any punctuation in your password? I'm wondering if FS isn't accepting certain types of punctuation. % and & in particular can really be troublesome.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”