Transferring from Budget to Other

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jimbobmacdoodle

Transferring from Budget to Other

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Hi,

I'm new in the calling as a Stake Financial Clerk. Due to various issues in the past, a number of wards still had outstanding payments for Stake Youth camps from 2015 and 2016. I have gradually been chasing the offending wards to get them to transfer money over. The idea is to collect all payments into the Other: AMFA - Stake Youth Camp subcategory, and go through the old expenses and reassign them where necessary to this category. Some wards made transfers to Other: AMFA, and I have then made transfers from the general category to the camp subcategory. However, one ward has transferred to Budget Allocations. I am unable to make a transfer from Budget Allocations to Other (it doesn't appear in the category on the right when entering the Transfer in MLS), so cannot fix this myself.

How do I go about moving money from Budget to an Other category? Or am I going about it the wrong way - do I need to get the ward to correct the category themselves (I note that I also can't transfer from Budget to another unit's Other category, so I don't think that helps)? On the latter point, I've seen instruction elsewhere that Budget should be used to cover negative Other accounts, but since I can't make that transfer, I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that either.

Any advice is much appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Transferring from Budget to Other

Post by russellhltn »

It would be best if you have the ward correct the category. That makes the books cleaner.

I'm not sure as you can do a direct transfer from budget to other. You may have to write a check. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chad.stewart

Re: Transferring from Budget to Other

Post by chad.stewart »

You can't transfer from Budget to Other. It's like "crossing the streams." Either Budget to Budget or Other to Other.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”