Quarterly Report Potential number

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
tylerlybb

Quarterly Report Potential number

Post by tylerlybb »

In my ward's quarterly report, the "potential" number of YSA is different than the number of YSA if I go to YSA under Unit Statistics. Under Unit Statistics it shows there being 5 more than it shows in the QR potential. I can see why one or two of them might have been left off of the QR potential (they just moved back into the ward half way through June), but I can't figure out why the other 3 are being left off. Any insights as to how the potential number is generated would be helpful. Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly Report Potential number

Post by lajackson »

tylerlybb wrote:In my ward's quarterly report, the "potential" number of YSA is different than the number of YSA if I go to YSA under Unit Statistics.
One difference (that it appears you already understand) is that Unit Statistics shows a real time today number. The Quarterly Report shows a shapshot number taken immediately after the end of the quarter.

I am not sure how they calculate the actual number, but I remember reading it in a topic here at the Forum a while ago. My search skills are not up to par to find it, though.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since the snapshot is at the end of the quarter, all you need is three members who moved in April/May or turned 18 after the quarter started.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

Both of your responses makes sense to me, thank you. But, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible), that doesn't explain the discrepancy. Here are the 5 YSA (names excluded) that do not show up on the QR YSA but do show up on the Unit Statistics YSA:

Person 1 - Has been 18 since August 29 of 2016 (I would expect this one to show up on the QR YSA)
Person 2 - Didn't move into our ward until July 2 of this year (so it makes sense why this one doesn't appear on the QR YSA)
Person 3 - Has been 18 since November 2 of 2016 (I would expect this one to show up on the QR YSA)
Person 4 - Moved into our ward half-way through June (I would expect this one to show up on the QR YSA)
Person 5 - Has been 18 since January 6 of 2017 (I would expect this one to show up on the QR YSA)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tylerlybb wrote:Here are the 5 YSA
It sounds as if 4 of the 5 (all except Person 2) should be included as YSA.

The next thing I would look at is to see if any of the four are assigned to the priests quorum or to the Young Women and have not been moved to the elders quorum or Relief Society, respectively.

Another thing might be if the membership record has moved out and back in, affecting something.

And after that, I am out of ideas.
tylerlybb

Post by tylerlybb »

It appears that the quarterly report version of the YSA list excludes 18 year old males who do not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood (the individuals in my case all happen to also be assigned to the Priests Quorum) while the unit statistics YSA list includes them. If that's the case, I think it's odd that the YSA list would have two different criteria depending on where you access it from. And I don't know if assigning them to the Elders Quorum would suddenly make them appear on the quarterly report YSA list, but if so it would still be two different criteria, so it still doesn't make sense to me. Out of curiosity, I went to test this theory by assigning one of them to the elders quorum but it warned me that if I override the automatic class assignment it will remove this individual from future automatic class assignments. So, I decided not to do it. I guess LCR wants 18 year old males to stay assigned to the Priests Quorum until they either turn 19 or are ordained an elder, whichever happens first.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You know you've found a good one when you have three developers discussing your forum post at 9:15 on a Monday morning. :D

You are correct that the YSA list has two different criteria depending on whether you look at the YSA list or whether you look at the quarterly report. We've identified this morning that the difference needs to be reviewed. Assigning them to an elders quorum will not affect the determination for the quarterly report. When we looked at the code this morning, we verified that a male member needs to be 18 and ordained an elder to be counted as a YSA. An 18-year-old male who has not received the Melchizedek Priesthood is excluded from the quarterly report YSA count.

Return to “Reports and Forms”