Crazy frequency of sign-in to sync annotations

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
kmeyers

Crazy frequency of sign-in to sync annotations

Post by kmeyers »

I assume it's not just me that has to sign in nearly daily on my iPhone or iPad if I ever mark anything so it will sync. I understand completely a short authentication time on the website, but the app is bound to your device and this authentication should be limited to just syncing annotations. I love the function, but find it enormously annoying that it can't remember me for, say, the 2 weeks that your login persists on FamilySearch. It's a mobile app on my own device, so if I sync once it should remember that authentication for much longer, I would think.

Is it just me or is that normal behavior? Is there somewhere to check a box to remember me? I can't find it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Crazy frequency of sign-in to sync annotations

Post by sbradshaw »

That's not normal behavior – Gospel Library should stay signed in indefinitely after you sign in the first time, unless you manually go into settings and sign yourself out, or delete and reinstall the app.

You could try deleting and reinstalling the app, to see if that fixes the problem.

When the app signs you out unexpectedly, does it also clear other local user data (like open Gospel Library screens, custom collections, the local copy of annotations you've made previously, etc.) – or is your sign-in status the only thing that gets cleared?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kbhehl

Post by kbhehl »

I experience the same problem. Each day the app requires me to sign in to sync annotations. I've removed and reinstalled as suggested. I'll report back if that addresses the issue.
kmeyers

Post by kmeyers »

Thank you Samuel. Who knew you'd still be helping me after getting released? (This is Bishop Meyers)

No, all the other local data stays - open windows, etc. Just asks me to sign in. Having said that, I've noticed I haven't been prompted the last 3-4 days so maybe an update fixed it all of a sudden. I haven't restarted my iPad or anything. I'll keep an eye out.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kmeyers wrote:Thank you Samuel. Who knew you'd still be helping me after getting released? (This is Bishop Meyers)
Good to talk to you again – long time no see! :)
kmeyers wrote:No, all the other local data stays - open windows, etc. Just asks me to sign in. Having said that, I've noticed I haven't been prompted the last 3-4 days so maybe an update fixed it all of a sudden. I haven't restarted my iPad or anything. I'll keep an eye out.
That's good to hear – hopefully it was just temporary problems on the sign-in server. Gospel Library was updated just a couple of weeks ago, so that could have fixed it, too.
kmeyers

Post by kmeyers »

Hmm, just asked me again. It's been about a week.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kmeyers wrote:Hmm, just asked me again. It's been about a week.
I'd recommend sending in-app feedback under Settings.
kmeyers

Still asking every couple of days

Post by kmeyers »

I sent in-app feedback about 2 weeks ago, but no response. Is that typical?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Still asking every couple of days

Post by sbradshaw »

kmeyers wrote:I sent in-app feedback about 2 weeks ago, but no response. Is that typical?
Normally responses are within a few days – I'd try sending another message...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”