How to update sinc---the ward directory

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
roxanneudy

How to update sinc---the ward directory

Post by roxanneudy »

I cannot find a place to sinc the directory on line. I can do it on my phone using lds tools...but where on the local ward website is the tool to sinc?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How to update sync---the ward directory

Post by lajackson »

roxanneudy wrote:I cannot find a place to sinc the directory on line. I can do it on my phone using lds tools...but where on the local ward website is the tool to sinc?
If you are speaking of LDS.org then the sync is automatic and happens quite quickly. You may need to refresh the page displayed on your computer if your browser is caching pages.
macerl

Re: How to update sinc---the ward directory

Post by macerl »

mobile tools app directory info is current. Desktop/Laptop directory via lds.org is not. So, LDS.org is not automatically syncing like it used to.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The online directory doesn't have a sync process -- it reads from the database in real time.
macerl

Post by macerl »

But apparently, it is not reading actively from the current database, because the online directory is missing members that are properly displayed on the mobile app.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

As scgallafent said, it isn't possible for the directory on churchofjesuschrist.org to be out of date (and he would know, he's one of the church developers). If they are out of sync, it must be because the CHQ membership database has updated and you haven't sync'd those changes to the mobile app.

There are at least a couple reasons why someone might not show up who used to: (1) their records could have been moved out of the ward (on purpose or accident) or (2) their privacy settings could have changed so that they are not visible to anyone other than leaders. Your ward clerk can investigate and determine which reason applies.

Another possibility is that you were just released from a calling which allowed you to see members with 'leaders only' privacy and that calling update hasn't sync'd to your mobile device.
macerl

Post by macerl »

Not talking about the mobile app; that app displays just fine; it reflects current ins and outs; we understand the sync procedures for the mobile app, and it is working correctly.
The issue is that our online PC windows 10 churchofjesuschrist.org directory is missing people; for example the current ward executive secretary; who has been in place for months. My wife's online directory is missing the same people. Both of our mobile android apps display the person as present in the directory. We are Military Relations Missionaries; the Stake Presidency and Mission Presidency have arranged for us to have access to the Stake / Ward directories (not clerk and leadership resources), just membership directories so we can contact local members to provide appropriate support to deployed military families. But we are concerned about what other members we are missing besides the Ward Exec Sec.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

You should have a clerk look at the members in questions in LCR and the directory. He should look particularly at privacy settings. If the members don't show up for him in the directory but do show in LCR then that would indicate some obscure bug. If that's the case, then he should contact the global service department and ask them to follow up. But if they do show up then it's probably a matter of privacy settings.
macerl

Post by macerl »

Thank you. I will check with him.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:If the members don't show up for him in the directory but do show in LCR then that would indicate some obscure bug.
I'm not sure as the Directory shows all the "leaders" the members whose privacy is marked "leader only".

At one time "leader" was the bishopric/stake presidency, but I think it got expanded to the ward council. But the directory might still be working with the old definition.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”