Cannot recover LDS account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
andyhaymond

Cannot recover LDS account

Post by andyhaymond »

I am asking for help for a fellow high councilor that is learning about technology. He setup an LDS account years ago with his wife's email account which is not live anymore. When attempting to change a password, the email is sent to an inactive email account. He did not have a cell number when he setup the account so has no way to change the password.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot recover LDS account

Post by jdlessley »

A valid email address is not required to recover any aspect of an LDS Account. Follow the instructions provide here. Once the account is recovered then the contact information can be changed in the account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Clerks can change the email addresses associated with your membership record. I don't know (but I assume) that when a clerk changes your membership record email address, your LDS Account recovery email address is also updated. Maybe someone can verify that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:I don't know (but I assume) that when a clerk changes your membership record email address, your LDS Account recovery email address is also updated. Maybe someone can verify that.
If the member email address is changed through the Directory or through LCR a change of email address notice is sent as well as an email verification message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot recover LDS account do not have old password, how do I get a new password

Post by jdlessley »

quayledm wrote:I need a new password but do not have the old one. Quayledm
Go to the LDS Account sign-in page and click the link "Forgot your password?" You will then be prompted to enter the username and then click the Recover button. A portion of the registered email address for the account will be displayed. If that address is still valid then click The Continue button. An email will be sent to the that email address with instructions on resetting the password.
JD Lessley
julieannesagun

Post by julieannesagun »

How can I recover my account when I forgot my email address and mobile number?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

julieannesagun wrote:How can I recover my account when I forgot my email address and mobile number?
I'm not certain whether the option still exists to recover based on a MRN, but that might be worth at least an attempt. Please see the announcement topic in the Church Account subforum: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

If all else fails, your ward clerk can arrange contact with the Global Service Center.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

julieannesagun wrote:How can I recover my account when I forgot my email address and mobile number?
The recover by membership record number (MRN) is not an option at the Church Account sign in page. It is available at familysearch.org. Others have reported success using the recovery by MRN in familysearch.org.
JD Lessley
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Yes: familysearch.org is what you want to try before contacting the GSC!
jaredwenceslao

Post by jaredwenceslao »

My sister wants to enroll in BYU Pathway but she forgot her church account so what we did is we put her MRN and her birth date. The system appears there's an error appeared and it says: There was an issue processing your request. Please try again later. We waited an hour then still it happens again. We tried attempt in the next day but still, it happens again.

Return to “Church Account”