How to activate youth temple recommends?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
LeeHuckbody

How to activate youth temple recommends?

Post by LeeHuckbody »

I have noticed that the the youth in my ward don't show up with active limited-use recommends. How do you activate them.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: How to activate youth temple recommends?

Post by rmrichesjr »

LeeHuckbody wrote:I have noticed that the the youth in my ward don't show up with active limited-use recommends. How do you activate them.
I don't think I know the answer to the question, but for the sake of clarity for someone who does, let me try to clarify the situation behind the question:
  • The youth show up.
    They have been given limited-use recommends.
    However, the limited-use recommends have not been activated.
Is that the correct interpretation of the situation behind the question?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: How to activate youth temple recommends?

Post by scgallafent »

LeeHuckbody wrote:I have noticed that the the youth in my ward don't show up with active limited-use recommends. How do you activate them.
There is no separate activation step for limited-use recommends. They are activated immediately after they are issued online.

If your bishopric is issuing limited-use recommends from an old recommend book (blue recommends), those recommends are not tracked and will not show up in the temple recommend status report. Limited-use recommends only show up in that report if they are issued from Leader and Clerk Resources.

The instructions for issuing limited-use temple recommends online (included with the First Presidency letter dated March 29, 2016) say that issuing recommends from the old recommend books should be discontinued and the recommend books should be destroyed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”