Password Expiration

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
clingren

Password Expiration

Post by clingren »

i have used the same username and password for my lds.org and familysearch access for several years and do not want to change them. Why should my being called as a Church Service missionary require me to change them? If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?

Clinton Lingren
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Password Expiration

Post by aebrown »

clingren wrote:i have used the same username and password for my lds.org and familysearch access for several years and do not want to change them. Why should my being called as a Church Service missionary require me to change them?
Changing your LDS Account password periodically is a requirement for everyone who is considered part of the Workforce. You may not like that policy, but it comes with the calling (or being an employee of the Church).
clingren wrote:If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?
I suppose you can ask your leaders (no one here on the forum can answer for the particular area where you are serving). Most service mission callings require you to be a called missionary, but perhaps there might be an exception.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
clingren wrote:If that is required, can I resign as a Church Service missionary and just do the same work as a volunteer?
I suppose you can ask your leaders (no one here on the forum can answer for the particular area where you are serving). Most service mission callings require you to be a called missionary, but perhaps there might be an exception.
If a password change is already required, I'm not sure if leaving Workforce will clear that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

From what I understand, the "workforce" classification has less to do with your role, and more to do with what systems you have access to. If the work you're doing grants access to anything at ldschurch.org (which is the workforce site, as opposed to just lds.org), then I think your account will be classified as "workforce," whether you're an employee, missionary, or volunteer. As an example, seminary teachers enter attendance at wise.ldschurch.org – they are considered "workforce," even if it's just a calling.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”