Membership Audit Help

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
Naschuster

Membership Audit Help

Post by Naschuster »

I am a new Ward Clerk and I'm doing my first membership audit. I have several exceptions for errors that are very old (ordinances that occurred in the 1950's and 60's). The descriptions of the exceptions are too vague to be helpful - things like "ordination date out of order with respect to another existing office". I've looked through the members' records and can't find anything that these may be referring to. I've spoken to the members and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Is there a phone number of someone at church headquarters that I can contact to get some further insight into these exceptions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Audit Help

Post by russellhltn »

You can find it here: Support Contact Information for U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Note that there's no support on Sunday. You'll have to call during the week.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmaynor

Re: Membership Audit Help

Post by mmaynor »

With of of those including the one you mentioned you'll need to scour the membership records. Last year an issue arose because the ordinance dates had been improperly recorded for a member of our stake presidency who resides in my ward. In that case you just need to see if they kept any family/personal records with relation to ordinations.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”