contact info for stakes other than your own

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
JEGwynn

contact info for stakes other than your own

Post by JEGwynn »

There doesn't appear to be any way to get contact info for any members not in your own stake. So if I wanted to get the word out to multiple stakes that are in close proximity regarding the passing of a long-time member of the area and the upcoming arrangements, what would be the most effective method to get this information to all the wards in the stakes that aren't in my own stake? Is there a way for me to gather the email addresses of say, all the ward clerks? Anyone have any experience doing this? thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: contact info for stakes other than your own

Post by russellhltn »

The best route is to ask the help of a member of the bishopric or stake presidency (including clerks). They have access to the CDOL and can use that to send a message to the other stakes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JEGwynn

Post by JEGwynn »

Hmm, I must be using CDOL incorrectly then because I'm an assistant stake clerk (with many years of ward clerk experience) and I can't get any contact info from CDOL. Actually, I can't get anything out of CDOL....guess I better look for some training. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Use the search function to find the stake or ward in question.
Click on the unit name and select "Position". You should see the stake presidency or bishopric. Expand the individuals as needed by clicking on arrow next to the name.

What may be tripping you up is that CDOL doesn't seem to use the normal visual clues that something is clickable. For example, the ward/stake names look like normal text until you move your cursor over them. Then they become underlined.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JEGwynn

Post by JEGwynn »

Thanks. Odd as this is going to sound, when I tried a search last night & this morning, I was getting nothing. I just tried a search, and I'm getting something. I'm not sure what's going on, but must be something on my end.

Thanks again
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JEGwynn wrote:I was getting nothing.
Underneath the search box there are two buttons, Organization and Leader. If you are searching for a ward or stake and the Leader button is selected, you will get nothing. Similarly, if you are searching for an individual and leave the Organization button selected, the result will be the same.

Another way to return no matches is to put too much into the search box. A match will include everything you put in the box.

Return to “General Discussions”