Is there a recording of the June 2017 Auxiliary Training in Idaho?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
jeromycaballero

Is there a recording of the June 2017 Auxiliary Training in Idaho?

Post by jeromycaballero »

On June 9, 2017, an Auxiliary Training meeting was held in Idaho. It consisted of broadcasts from 3 stake centers in Rexburg, Meridian, and Pocatello. Some of our leaders weren't able to make it to the broadcast. We assumed it would be recorded and made available, but haven't been able to find such a recording. Does anyone have any info about where to find it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Is there a recording of the June 2017 Auxiliary Training in Idaho?

Post by russellhltn »

Typically regional broadcasts are NOT made available afterwards. You may want to check the instructions to see if recording was even allowed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And then get with someone who did attend and ask to review their notes, if they are willing to do that.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It is interesting, likely many people don't take notes anymore thinking these things will be online right after to review. It's probably time to help many people understand how this is going, maybe in confernces like this the General Leaders should be specifically making that clear.

In a world where nearly every word of GA's public appearances is recorded and online, this is likely going to be the default thinking of many.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jeromycaballero

Post by jeromycaballero »

Thanks for the replies! I couldn't find it anywhere online, but I guess it's hard for me to believe that such a meeting didn't get recorded in some fashion. I don't have immediate access to the instructions for broadcasting, but as this was an auxiliary training my feeling is the church does want the water to get to the end of the row. Not all of our stake's auxiliary leaders were able to make it, and it would be a shame if they couldn't watch it for themselves.

The point is to take this and teach it in our own way, perhaps. The Spirit will testify of the truth of what was taught even if I'm relaying it from my notes. But I would sure love for those leaders to see their leaders in the auxiliary presidencies teach it in their own words. They did such a good job.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”