Error when adding father to a membership record.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wasserbaech

Error when adding father to a membership record.

Post by wasserbaech »

Hello. I am a ward assistant clerk over membership. I recently created a membership record for a child, and in the process a peculiar error message appeared (one that looks like it wasn't intended for users to see):
{cmis.constraints.father.matchesMultiple}

I went ahead and the record was created but the father information was empty. I later tried to add the father to the record and I got a similar error message:
{cmis.constraints.parent.matchedMultipleRecords}
and the father is still not shown in the record.

Would the experts please take a look? In case it helps, the father I am trying to add is not a member of the church. I have screen shots that I would be happy to share in a private communication with the developers. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Steve Wasserbaech
Herriman Hills Ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Error when adding father to a membership record.

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you contact Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wasserbaech

Post by wasserbaech »

russellhltn wrote:I suggest you contact Support.
Thank you for this tip--I will contact them.
Steve
derek_meyer

Post by derek_meyer »

I'm getting this error while trying to create a new member record and support is closed today for the holiday. Anyone else "working" today and know if there is a fix we can use?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

derek_meyer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:35 am I'm getting this error while trying to create a new member record and support is closed today for the holiday. Anyone else "working" today and know if there is a fix we can use?
By a new member record do you mean for a child? Have you correctly uploaded the consent form?
derek_meyer

Post by derek_meyer »

Hello Gary,

In this case the record is for an adult who is new to the Church, none of his family are members either.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Have the full-time missionaries already done their part and released the file to you now? Assume you are looking at a paper copy of the baptism and confirmation information.

Under Create Record there is a Pending New Records tab. If the missionaries have finished their part the person should appear there for you to finish creating the record. If nobody appears there the missionaries need to be contacted so they can do their part first.
derek_meyer

Post by derek_meyer »

The full-time missionaries released the information and it seems to have transferred in correctly and I am trying to create the record from the Pending New Record tab in LCR tools.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

derek_meyer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:23 pm The full-time missionaries released the information and it seems to have transferred in correctly and I am trying to create the record from the Pending New Record tab in LCR tools.
Sorry, I have run out of ideas. You will have to contact the Global Service Center for help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Adding a parent to any adult record can be done after the record is created. It is not necessary to have the parents of an adult before the membership record is created. Once the record is created then the parent information can be added. If the parents are not members then it is a simple matter of adding the name. A birth date can be included but not necessary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”