List of Ward Members in the Armed Forces

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mxwade

List of Ward Members in the Armed Forces

Post by Mxwade »

Hello - I have been asked to provide a list of ward members serving in the armed forces, how can I do this?

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: List of Ward Members in the Armed Forces

Post by jdlessley »

There is nothing in a membership record that identifies a member's service in the military. Unless your ward identifies and tracks this information separately there is no way to get this data from church records.

The best source of this information is from the members themselves. You would have to survey your ward membership and ask each member their military status. It would then be up to someone in your ward to keep that data up to date.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mxwade

Post by Mxwade »

Thanks for your help, I was afraid that may be the case.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Oftentimes those who have served will be aware of others who have also served. Find one of them, and then go from there.

Another way would be an announcement in the bulletin asking them to self-identify to someone who will keep track. But you will not get all of them that way.

Return to “Membership Help”