My wife can't log in to anything

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jamestomlin_29

My wife can't log in to anything

Post by jamestomlin_29 »

I'm trying to help my wife log into the church website, but it keeps telling her her name and password aren't correct. I've recovered her user name, and changed her password, but when I try to log her in it tells me her user name and password aren't correct. What else can we do?
towler813

Re: My wife can't log in to anything

Post by towler813 »

The same thing is happening to me today. I created an account, i know the username and password...it even emailed me the username, Says it doesn't exist when i try to log in but i can sign in here....lol. weird.
jameslsimmons2

Post by jameslsimmons2 »

I am having the same problem. The LDS gospel library updated this morning and made me sign out, and now I can't log back into my account on any website, app or device. I've triple checked my username and successfully changed my password a few times to see if that would get me back in, to no avail. It also says my username or password is invalid. I've created this secondary account to see if I could get some help with what is going on.
shaunacardon

Post by shaunacardon »

I'm having this same problem. I have recovered the email and password, but still have trouble signing in.
jameslsimmons2

Post by jameslsimmons2 »

So I tried familysearch.org and I could log in there, but it didn't have any extra info as it looks like I'm the only one on my tree. It won't bring up my genealogy anymore. I've tried looking through other threads and only came up with one other option which is to call the Global Service Center, but I haven't found any contact information for them yet as I think that's up to your ward clerk. I also found a place you can submit an email ticket here https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contactSuppo ... pport=true but I haven't gotten a response back yet. I'm continuing to look and will post an update when I get more information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jameslsimmons2 wrote:So I tried familysearch.org and I could log in there, but it didn't have any extra info as it looks like I'm the only one on my tree. It won't bring up my genealogy anymore. I've tried looking through other threads and only came up with one other option which is to call Global Services, but I haven't found any contact information for them yet. I also found a place you can submit an email ticket here https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contactSuppo ... pport=true but haven't gotten a response back yet. I'm continuing to look and will post an update when I get more information.
If you are the only one showing up in your tree, then it's almost certain that you have signed in with an account that is not connected to your Church membership. To verify this, sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org and look at the Membership tab; it will probably say that you are not a member of the Church.

If that is the case, then there are two possibilities:
  • You simply need to connect your MRN to your account. From the Membership tab under ldsaccount.lds.org that I mentioned above you can simply add your MRN (which you can get from your ward clerk or your temple recommend if you have one).
  • You have two LDS Accounts. The one you're using now is not connect to your membership, but at some point you created another one that is connected. In that case, you need to recover that account. You can do that by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/recovery?type=username and the choosing the option to recover your username using your MRN.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Given that your username (as it shows up on the forum) is "jameslsimmons2", I'm guessing you have another account "jameslsimmons" that has your family tree filled in.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jameslsimmons

Post by jameslsimmons »

Ok, I have an update as to what's happened in my specific case, it might give insight as to what is going on with some others. I was locked out of my account for not following a policy that I wasn't aware of. I have found a solution to my problem as my username on this post should show. Also as a side note, I've been talking about my main account "jameslsimmons" that is linked with my MRN about this issue. I created the "jameslsimmons2" with the sole purpose to post here for help as I could not log on my main account even to post here.

I was given a new calling in January this year. When you get a calling in leadership your account is "workforce enabled" which means there are new policies you have follow for security. I was locked out of my account in July this year because I didn't change my password within 6 months per the password policy outlined in one of the sticky threads on this forum. I didn't find this out until this week. The email support never worked. To solve this I *had* to call the account management team at Global Service Center. Their number is 1-855-537-4357 (for areas outside of Salt Lake).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jameslsimmons wrote:I was given a new calling in January this year. When you get a calling in leadership your account is "workforce enabled" which means there are new policies you have follow for security.
As far as I'm aware, that only applies to seminary teachers, certain service missionaries and church employees. That wouldn't apply to someone like a Bishop or a Stake President. It has something to do with the system they're granted access to as part of the calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jameslsimmons

Post by jameslsimmons »

I thought so too until I read the policy. It starts with "All church employees, missionaries, volunteers, (etc.)". Leadership is ostensively included in this as I was told by Global Services that I need to change my password every 6 months to keep my account from being locked again. I do have access to a few resources that I didn't before the calling, but I'm not sure if this is the reason for the provision.

Return to “Church Account”