ipad locked to LDS account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
arnica5

ipad locked to LDS account

Post by arnica5 »

hello there!

I recently bought an ipad mini and its locked to LDS Church.
Can anyone direct me to the right people that administrate the configuration that will help me unlock this?
Im based in Dublin Ireland.

Thanks for reading!
Niona
chaleneanderson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: ipad locked to LDS account

Post by chaleneanderson »

What is the serial number please. I will check.
mwjohnson

Post by mwjohnson »

A member in my ward had his son return from his mission and they bought the iPad through the ward, but it still needs to be unlocked. Is there a reference guide or instructions on how to pay that fee and who to pay it to? I'm not sure what the process is for missionaries that return with an iPad and processing payment through MLS. I am the Ward Clerk, so I'm trying to figure out how to facilitate this with this missionary and for future missionaries that come home.
dwilasnd

Post by dwilasnd »

I am also interested...
nancyroseb

Post by nancyroseb »

I returned from my mission a month ago and my iPad also still needs to be unlocked. How do i contact someone to fix this?
bayless

Post by bayless »

A returned missionary and I went through all the phone calls and steps recommended by various departments in headquarters. The solution ended up with taking it to the Apple Store where they reset the operating system. He didn't loose any documents or photos. This is the only thing that worked.
clbates

Post by clbates »

Our son returned from his mission but misplaced the instructions he was provided to "unlock" it. A reset does not work. We need a phone number or something to resolve this issue.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

clbates wrote:Our son returned from his mission but misplaced the instructions he was provided to "unlock" it. A reset does not work. We need a phone number or something to resolve this issue.
Ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Does anyone have more information on who to contact? I've gotten a few of these requests. I've been sending them to the Global Service Center. I don't know if anyone has gotten their iPad unlocked by contacting them. Any reports of success?

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Global_Service_Center
jajohnso34

Post by jajohnso34 »

hi,

my ipad is locked in the lds account and configuration. I believe i payed my fee to own it, if i didnt, i will. but i just want access so i can use it. how can i get the lock off and away from lds config, and use it for personal use?

Return to “Church Account”