New My Account and Ward Menu

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mevans

New My Account and Ward Menu

Post by mevans »

Today I encountered a new My Account and Ward menu at lds.org. The menu now has very few items on it and a blue button that takes you to a My Account and Ward page (http://abn.ldschurch.org/pgs/lds-account/v2.html).

I'm guessing this is an attempt to help church members discover information available to them by going to a page with more information about the tools; however, I really miss the old menu. It was a quick launch to many places I need to go. Now I have to load another page and possibly scroll the page to find the links I want (or maybe I'll have to start doing bookmarks to lds.org sites in my browser). This extra page load will be especially painful at church with a often-slow internet connection. It will force me to load another page on my way to where I'm trying to go and then I need to find the link on the page.

I don't mind the new page, but I wish the button taking you to the page was added to the My Account and Ward menu without removing the items that previously existed.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New My Account and Ward Menu

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:I don't mind the new page, but I wish the button taking you to the page was added to the My Account and Ward menu without removing the items that previously existed.
I hear you, but in my case it appears that the five items that do appear are the ones I use most frequently, so there is hardly a change for me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:Today I encountered a new My Account and Ward menu at lds.org.
Hmm. They must be doing some A/B testing where only some fraction of the users see the new menu. I still see the menu that's been in place for a long time.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:Hmm. They must be doing some A/B testing where only some fraction of the users see the new menu.
Well then, am I an A or a B? [grin]

I am signed in, so immediately I see links for Directory, Calendar, Donations, Meetinghouse Locator, and Leader and Clerk Resources. Then there is a Sign Out button, and finally a link that says Find More Tools Here: My Account and Ward.

The new My Account and Ward page seems to be pretty well organized, and includes about everything you might wish to do.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:I hear you, but in my case it appears that the five items that do appear are the ones I use most frequently, so there is hardly a change for me.
Same here. The only other ones I use with some frequency are CDOL and the distribution center. But I use them much less than the 5 they choose. And I usually just type cdol.lds.org or store.lds.org anyway (with Chrome history I usually only have to type the first 2 or 3 letters to get the entry I want).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm seeing two different versions of the new menu in two different browsers – Safari and Chrome on macOS. Interesting...
I like Style 2 better than Style 1 (see screenshots) – the design, the punctuation (there shouldn't be a hyphen in "Sign In"), and the fact that your name is visible.
Attachments
Style 1 Signed In.png
Style 1 Signed In.png (140.98 KiB) Viewed 11796 times
Style 1.png
Style 1.png (93.19 KiB) Viewed 11796 times
Style 2 Signed In.png
Style 2 Signed In.png (156.7 KiB) Viewed 11796 times
Style 2.png
Style 2.png (162.35 KiB) Viewed 11796 times
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I'm seeing "Style 1" with the difference that my name (and "person" icon) is over the "Sign-Out" button.
mevans

Post by mevans »

This morning I saw style #2. I'm logged in to a different computer right now and see the good ol' menu back.

Some of the ones I use frequently that aren't on the menu include: Notes, Ward Map, CDOL, and FIR.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And today for me the old drop down menu appears and it is as if it was all a dream and nothing really happened yesterday. Wish I could say that for a few other things is my life right now. [smile]
mevans

Post by mevans »

They're at it again. I got a new version of the menu today. It has a few more links, but still less than the current menu. I really wish they'd just put the link to the new page in the vacant area at the lower-left corner on the current menu and be done with it. I don't like the extra page load, especially when I'm at church. We moved buildings recently, and the internet at the new building is really really really really slow.

Since Notes doesn't seem to make the cut on the reduced menu, I wonder if that's the next casualty in the church's reduction in technology. Lesson Schedules and the Newsletter were other tools that had few references and they disappeared. Notes has a lot of problems. Maybe that's the next one to go. I hope not.

Return to “Main Church Website”