Handbook 1 no longer in gospel library?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
larryvbelnap

Handbook 1 no longer in gospel library?

Post by larryvbelnap »

I no longer see handbook 1 in the gospel library. Where did it go and when might I expect it to return?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Handbook 1 no longer in gospel library?

Post by lajackson »

It should still be there if you hold a calling that allows access. Since GL for iOS just updated, make sure you are still properly signed in and, if you are, consider signing out and signing in again. It seems from past experience that it disappears at first, then reappears after you restart the app a time or two and it figures out that you are supposed to have it.
larryvbelnap

Post by larryvbelnap »

I first noticed this three days ago and have done exactly what you described a number of times since the and I still don't have it. I may have to be patient.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

larryvbelnap wrote:I may have to be patient.
I have not noticed anyone else mentioning a problem, so it may be something peculiar to your device or the way your calling is recorded.

If it goes more than a few more days, you might want to send a note through the app feedback and let them know you are not seeing it.
mdjonzy

Post by mdjonzy »

I have had this same problem since GL for IOS updated last week. I just deleted the app and am trying to download it again. I serve as a counselor in a District Presidency in New Zealand. I really hope Handbook 1 hasn't been deleted from the most recent GL update.
mdjonzy

Post by mdjonzy »

I just deleted the app and re-installed it and this has fixed my problem. Handbook 1 is back.
WAFKT

Post by WAFKT »

I deleted the app, restarted my iPad, then reinstalled the app. Still no no Handbook 1 in GL. I'm the Ward Clerk.
William Thompson, Ward Clerk
Rocky Ridge Ward, Calgary Alberta West Stake
brettforeman

Post by brettforeman »

I've been having the same issue lately. It is a problem on Windows and my iphone. I've uninstalled & reinstalled (several times on my iphone), signed off then signed back on with no Handbook 1. It use to show up when I uninstalled/reinstalled on my phone, but not lately. Thank you for your efforts on fixing these bugs.
mks84

Post by mks84 »

I'm a Ward Clerk and have had the same problem for about 2 weeks. I've signed out and back in several times. I've deleted the app several times from my iPhone. All to no avail. I recently contacted support and they told me to re-try these troubleshooting options. Sadly nothing changed. I'm waiting for the kind sister to respond with more options for possible fixes. The same thing happened to my iPad a few weeks back, but signing out and back in restored HB1. Has anyone found any fixes?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mks84 wrote:I'm a Ward Clerk and have had the same problem for about 2 weeks. I've signed out and back in several times. I've deleted the app several times from my iPhone. All to no avail. I recently contacted support and they told me to re-try these troubleshooting options. Sadly nothing changed. I'm waiting for the kind sister to respond with more options for possible fixes. The same thing happened to my iPad a few weeks back, but signing out and back in restored HB1. Has anyone found any fixes?
Do you have the same version of Gospel Library on your iPad and your iPhone (you can check in Settings)?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”