Nonmember family list report...

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
dbyram

Nonmember family list report...

Post by dbyram »

I was asked by a member of the Bishopric to print out a nonmember family list and give to our ward missionaries. I am unaware of any report that would provide this information. I know in MLS one can customise the membership data to make certain types of reports. Can such a report be made? If in a household there is a nonmember, that individual would not have a membership number. Can anyone help with this, please? For some reason, I am not getting warm fuzzies for this request from the second counselor/Missionaries.
eblood66

Re: Nonmember family list report...

Post by eblood66 »

Church systems do not have any information on households where no one is a member so they can't help you there in any way. For part member households there should be information on non-member spouses in the member's record. In MLS you can create a custom report using Member Status Not Is Spouse Is Member to select those households. You could also create a custom report for children of record who haven't been baptized. But if there are non-member children or other non-members in a household, MLS will have no information on that.

LCR does not have any custom reporting ability yet and no pre-made reports for part member households.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Look here for how to create a part-member family report in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

eblood66 wrote:Church systems do not have any information on households where no one is a member so they can't help you there in any way. For part member households there should be information on non-member spouses in the member's record. In MLS you can create a custom report using Member Status Not Is Spouse Is Member to select those households. You could also create a custom report for children of record who haven't been baptized. But if there are non-member children or other non-members in a household, MLS will have no information on that.

LCR does not have any custom reporting ability yet and no pre-made reports for part member households.
Thank you, I will try to create a custom report.
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

russellhltn wrote:Look here for how to create a part-member family report in MLS.

Thank you, will give it a try.
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

dbyram wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Look here for how to create a part-member family report in MLS.

Thank you, will give it a try.

I tried this but the report yielded no names.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When you did your 2017 membership audit, did you notice a lot of married people on the "single adult" list?
If so, that means none of those marriages or non-LDS spouses are recorded on the records.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dbyram wrote:I tried this but the report yielded no names.
The report is only as good as the data in MLS. Do you have any membership records that show a marriage to a non-member? (I'm ignoring the true known true status and focusing on what's in the records.) An empty report would suggest you don't have any. But I also know that sometimes computers don't work like we think they should.

As drepouille suggests, all of your part member families might be recorded as "single".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dbyram wrote:I tried this but the report yielded no names.
You might make a quick check to see that you entered the criteria correctly. If you entered the second one as "is" instead of "is not" you will get a blank report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:You might make a quick check to see that you entered the criteria correctly. If you entered the second one as "is" instead of "is not" you will get a blank report.
As listed on the Wiki, I'd think that would make for a rather large report - a listing of everyone married to a member.

But getting the first one wrong could really mess things up - not married with a non-member spouse.

Return to “Reports and Forms”