MLS Hang on startup - loading resources

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
studerje

MLS Hang on startup - loading resources

Post by studerje »

I just migrated a clerk computer to one of the new Lenovo's provided by the church.
The migration went fine, but after rebooting and attempting to run MLS again, it hangs "Loading resources" and never starts.

I've tried re-running the installer, uninstalling and reinstalling, and I also made sure the latest version is installed.

Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Hang on startup - loading resources

Post by russellhltn »

Have you moved the data over? If so, how so? You might try removing the data to see if MLS comes up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
studerje

Post by studerje »

I did the normal restore from backup copied from the old computer.
I fixed it by changing the shortcut to run as administrator.
When launched, the UAC prompt will come up and the yes button needs to be clicked, but it launches every time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's odd. Sounds like some security setting didn't take when MLS was installed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I had to do that too when we received a new Levono with Windows 10 when our ward started up about a year and a half ago.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've got a pair of Levonos in my stake and haven't run into that, but they're probably running older images.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”