Ward member cannot log in her lds account even with her MRN, birthdate, and password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
michaeladamaquino

Ward member cannot log in her lds account even with her MRN, birthdate, and password

Post by michaeladamaquino »

I am a ward clerk and this ward member is asking me for help trying to log into her account. She said she is using the correct username and password but to no avail. I have told her to try logging in using the forgot username or password feature but it still does not work. We even double-checked her MRN and birthdate for errors with the MLS database on the forgot username page but the site only keeps saying "This recovery option is not available for this account. Please try another option." We also tried the forgot password page and entered in her username but this appeared: "Please contact the Global Service Center to recover your account. You cannot use this self-service account recovery option until you have completed workforce registration." The ward member has registered her lds account a long time ago, and we double-checked that by attempting to register her MRN and the site said that her MRN is already registered.

I think there may be a problem with the lds.org database or something as this member's account seems to be inaccessible.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward member cannot log in her lds account even with her MRN, birthdate, and password

Post by russellhltn »

You're going to have to contact Global Service. Some accounts can't be recovered via self-service. The mention of "work force" suggests a employee or seminary teacher.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaeladamaquino

Re: Ward member cannot log in her lds account even with her MRN, birthdate, and password

Post by michaeladamaquino »

I will try that. Thank you.
Kylespasko

Post by Kylespasko »

What is the Global service number or email?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Kylespasko wrote:What is the Global service number or email?
https://www.lds.org/help/support/record-keeping/membership/contact-information

Return to “Church Account”