Scriptures for Alexa

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
JudkinsTM

Scriptures for Alexa

Post by JudkinsTM »

I've recently started to really enjoy listening to audiobooks on my Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. I would love to be able to ask alexa to read my scriptures from where I left off last time or jump to a specific verse chapter or book. I would especially love to be able to ask Alexa to play the most recent Sunday Session of General Conference or something like that. I would especially love to be able to ask Alexa to play songs from the childrens songbook or regular hymnbook. If we don't have any projects going for something like this can we get started on it? This would greatly enhance my use of Alexa daily and on Sundays when spending time with my family.

Since Alexa is only tied to one person's account however, it would be nice if we could somehow enhance the experience to allow for multiple people to be able to use alexa for their scripture studies. I guess I could always use bookmarks for that. "Alexa open Gospel Library", "Alexa go to Dan's Book Of Mormon bookmark" "Alexa update bookmark.... ok which bookmark would you like to update?.... Dan's Book Of Mormon bookmark. Ok Updated Dan's Book of Mormon Bookmark..... continues reading..." "Alexa read Book of Mormon, Book of Moroni, chapter 10. .... alexa create bookmark. ok,..what would you like to call your bookmark? .... Dan's Book of Mormon ... ok. created Dan's Book of Mormon Bookmark .... continues reading... "

etc etc. you get the idea. This would be awesome!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Scriptures for Alexa

Post by sbradshaw »

There was a good discussion going on this thread: Amazon Echo - Project. You may want to share your bookmarking idea there – I think it's a great idea. I wonder if it would even be possible to sync bookmarks with LDS Account (if the Church gets behind the project in an official way).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JudkinsTM

Re: Scriptures for Alexa

Post by JudkinsTM »

Excellent Samuel Bradshaw! Thank you so much for redirecting me. I'll move my discussions there.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”