Membership number listing for Family History consultants

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
markstahler

Membership number listing for Family History consultants

Post by markstahler »

Hi Everyone,

One of our Family History consultants emailed looking for a concise listing of members with their membership number listed to assist in signing up members for the LDS account so they can presumably do family history work. Is there a report to provide this information? May this information be provided to FH consultants in the manner requested? Advice or feedback appreciated, thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Membership number listing for Family History consultants

Post by lajackson »

markstahler wrote:. . . a concise listing of members with their membership number listed . . .
I am afraid that would be much like giving out a list of social security numbers and birthdates, and that your bishop will not approve. The Membership Record Number is considered sensitive information, since it allows a member to access nearly everything related to the Church and its websites, including other sensitive information if the person holds a calling allowing access to that information.

So I would not recommend printing that list and giving it out. Rather, I would suggest that the Temple and Family History Consultant encourage registration, and when he or she finds someone without an LDS Account, help them set up an account using the MRN from their temple recommend or from an Individual Ordinance Summary that the clerk or his assistant will gladly provide to the member upon request.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

markstahler wrote:One of our Family History consultants emailed looking for a concise listing of members with their membership number listed to assist in signing up members for the LDS account so they can presumably do family history work.
I also think this is a bad idea. It didn't use to be that big a thing because the LDS Account didn't have that much access to information - but that has changed.

Depending on your state's laws, unauthorized disclosure of MRN (such as losing the list) could trigger mandatory public reporting of a security breach.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danthony11

Post by danthony11 »

how do i get my own membership number, what are the requirement
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

danthony11 wrote:how do i get my own membership number, what are the requirement
When you are baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, your membership record will have a member record number. If you are already a member of the Church, your ward clerk can give you the number.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

danthony11 wrote:how do i get my own membership number, what are the requirement
Request your individual ordinance summary (IOS) from your ward clerk or ward membership clerk.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”