I can't reset the 4 digit passcode

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
karihopkins

I can't reset the 4 digit passcode

Post by karihopkins »

I can't log into LDS tools on my phone. I have an IPhone 6S. It keeps telling me to reset my passcode. I try to change it and re log in but I get the same result each time. A prompt to enter the passcode. I don't want a passcode. I just want to log in using my account information. I have tried deleting the app, rebooting my phone and changing my password. Help me please!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I can't reset the 4 digit passcode

Post by russellhltn »

Your post has been moved to a more appropriate section.

A passcode is optional for all membership, but mandatory for certain leadership positions due to the sensitive information they have access to.

Someone should be able to tell you how to set the passcode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BethinVA

Post by BethinVA »

I am having the same problem on my iPhone 6 and have tried all of the above remedies as well. Entering 4 wrong answers does not reset the code. I am currently not a leader with extra access and do not want a passcode. Please help! It is more important that this app work on my phone than on any other of my devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Normally deleting and reinstalling should fix the issue, making everything start from a clean slate – but iCloud tries to be smart and back up app data. If you delete LDS Tools and all the iCloud data for LDS Tools, then reinstall LDS Tools, does it work?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BethinVA

Post by BethinVA »

Thank you for your response. The only thing I use iCloud for is Find My Device. If it's backing up anything, I'm unaware of it, and I don't know how to delete things from it.
knoda

Post by knoda »

I also ran into this issue trying to help another member, who forgot their pin, for their IPad's LDS Tools App, and I am unable to solve it.

Clicked the reset button after a wrong pin number.
Reinstalled LDS Tools.
Restarted the IPAD.
Entered incorrect pin number five times to reset.
Closed the App. (Double click home and exit app)
Unistalled LDS Tools, Restarted IPAD, Installed LDS Tools.
Deleted iCloud Data.
Turned off LDS Tools backup
Uninstalled LDS Tools, Deleted All Backup data from iCloud. Reinstalled LDS Tools.
A combination of all of these in the hopes something would work.

To delete backup data on your iCloud you can go to your settings click your name and look for storage/manage storage and backup something(there's instructions on the internets). Or General ->Storage & iCloud Usage. Depends on iOS version and if you even use a apple ID for iCloud.

I did more troubleshooting for this problem with my own IPAD which doesn't have an apple ID with iCloud(at least I know my pin code):

Tried some of the above methods.
Logged out of iTunes ID.
Logged into LDS Tools with another account without setting pin. Then relogged into my account.

During all of my tests with my own IPAD I made the APP bug out and start displaying the event messages the code throws when you do an action in LDS Tools. For instance it "syncs" before you put in the pin code and displayed the "Sync Event" message or something like that. Got annoying so to fix it I Reinstalled/restarted IPAD. There might also be something in the iOS versions code that needs to be reviewed since I was jamming in random pin numbers and it said "Failed to mail" or something without even getting past the pin screen. So most likely it accepted one of my presses on whatever was behind the pin code screen, before loading/blocking, and tried to do it. It didn't seem modal.

I may test if logging out of someone's iCloud, and installing the lds tools fixes it. Or maybe even logging out of iCloud, logging into another iCloud account and install LDS Tools. Of course this will cause update problems, but maybe it'll help reset the pin. I have a bad feeling its somehow stored in the LDS Tools sync that the app tries to do before hand. Maybe its associating lds account & device somewhere for security or something.

My hope is that reset pin code issue is just a bug that they will hopefully fix soon.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Tools 3.2.1 for iOS is in beta now and is supposed to fix the issue – if any of you with the passcode problem are on the beta, let us know if it works!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BethinVA

Post by BethinVA »

Thanks. I rechecked, and I do not use iCloud--by choice--except for Find my Device. I look forward to the bug being fixed soon. In the meantime, I'm deleting the app.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”