Access for Stake Assistant Executive Secretary

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rootbeericecream

Access for Stake Assistant Executive Secretary

Post by rootbeericecream »

"Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" is listed as a standard calling in LCR, and we have called a member to it, assisting with recommend renewal interview scheduling and activating new recommends.

Some problems encountered in the system.

1) Access table does not have an entry for the "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary"

2) Android LDS Tools app, allowed the newly called Assistant Exec Secretary to view temple recommend status within the Android app. This is desired since this person assists the stake presidency with temple recommend renewal interviews.

3) however, when attempting to log into LCR at leader.lds.org, the web interface rejects access. This seems contrary to items #2 above.

What is missing?

As a workaround, and with approval from the stake presidency, we are granting the individual dual callings in the system... "assist stake exec sec" and "assist stake clerk"
drepouille

Re: Access for Stake Assistant Executive Secretary

Post by drepouille »

Thanks for your message. I searched for the letter in the OCL (letters.lds.org) that eliminated the standard calling of Stake Assistant Executive Secretary a few years ago, but it must have been rescinded. This may be a case were feedback from stake presidents caused a reversal of a policy decision. I only wish they would do the same for Ward Assistant Executive Secretary.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The final business rules that came out of the changes to Stake Assistant Executive Secretary that drepouille referred to were that the calling should not have any access to LCR. That decision was made at a fairly high level.
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

While I'm not arguing with the decision on access - it still does not explain why the "assistant stake exec sec" would gain access to the same LCR-level information (ex. recommend expiration dates) via the Android LDS tools app. That inconsistency still remains.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

rootbeericecream wrote:While I'm not arguing with the decision on access - it still does not explain why the "assistant stake exec sec" would gain access to the same LCR-level information (ex. recommend expiration dates) via the Android LDS tools app. That inconsistency still remains.
I'll poke someone to take a look at that. My guess is that the access never got removed from LDS Tools.
Davo22

Post by Davo22 »

I would like to resurrect this discussion. Recent changes to the General Handbook have created the Stake Assistant Executive Secretary position. We have added a person to the calling and he appears correctly in his membership record. However when I add that position to a calendar access item by calling his name does not appear under the calling.
The access table appears to show all of the same access as the Stake Executive Secretary.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Davo22 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:01 am I would like to resurrect this discussion. Recent changes to the General Handbook have created the Stake Assistant Executive Secretary position. We have added a person to the calling and he appears correctly in his membership record. However when I add that position to a calendar access item by calling his name does not appear under the calling.
The access table appears to show all of the same access as the Stake Executive Secretary.
Is his calling a standard calling? I understand a custom calling won't grant access, even if the custom calling has exactly the same spelling as a standard calling.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Davo22 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:01 am The access table appears to show all of the same access as the Stake Executive Secretary.
The access table just shows rights within LCR. For calendar changes you would have to submit feedback for them to update their system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Davo22 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:01 am We have added a person to the calling and he appears correctly in his membership record. However when I add that position to a calendar access item by calling his name does not appear under the calling.
It may take time for the calling to work it's way though the system. After being placed into a standard calling we usually recommend waiting 24 hours before worrying about rights not happening.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bcchristensen

Post by bcchristensen »

I’m a Stake Assistant Executive Secretary and I didn’t experience access issues with the online calendar until last December (2021). Something changed that broke the calendar for some people. See https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=40003

Since I had lost partial access, I worked with the Stake Clerk to see if we could figure out what was going on. We observed something strange. When he attempted to restore my access to private calendars by adding me back in by calling, “Stake Assistant Executive Secretary” was listed twice. One instance was associated with my name, and the other was blank (no name).

I’m not sure what that means—maybe there was a change that messed up the callings database, or some type of data corruption occurred—but hopefully this serves as a clue to whomever is tasked with fixing the calendar issue.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”