Profile name change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
andelinadell

Profile name change

Post by andelinadell »

In account settings, How can I get my personal name changed? I was able to change the display name.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Profile name change

Post by aebrown »

andelinadell wrote:In account settings, How can I get my personal name changed? I was able to change the display name.
If your LDS Account is linked to a membership record, then you can't change the First Name or Last Name associated with the LDS Account. Those can only be changed by a ward clerk (and then only if it truly reflects your legal name).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Those can only be changed by a ward clerk (and then only if it truly reflects your legal name).
Even then, I don't think it can be changed. The name showing in my LDS Account doesn't match my membership records. Other posts have indicated similar problems. The good news is that name doesn't seem to appear anywhere else except on your own screen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tgoetsch

Post by tgoetsch »

Our adopted daughter just received her mission call last night, and we found that her myldsmail.net account has her old (pre-adoption) name on it. Her membership record was updated years ago after the adoption was completed, but we realized tonight that her former last name is still listed as her last name on her LDS Account. Who do we contact to get this corrected?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tgoetsch wrote:Our adopted daughter just received her mission call last night, and we found that her myldsmail.net account has her old (pre-adoption) name on it. Her membership record was updated years ago after the adoption was completed, but we realized tonight that her former last name is still listed as her last name on her LDS Account. Who do we contact to get this corrected?
I've not found a way to change that name. It doesn't match the membership records and I see no way for the user or clerk to edit it.

I'd recommend she ask for her IOS (Information and Ordnance Summery) from the clerk. There's a number of name fields and not all of them may have been updated. I'm thinking it's more likely the wrong name came from there. After that, I'd contact the Missionary department, since I tend to doubt if any name change is going to rename the myldsmail account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”