Manage Parents' Donations

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
imitate

Manage Parents' Donations

Post by imitate »

I handle all of my elderly parents' finances, and I want to set them up for Online Donations. I have their membership numbers; can I just add them to my account somehow? Or do I need to create a new account? Any help would be appreciated!
Amy
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Manage Parents' Donations

Post by russellhltn »

imitate wrote:can I just add them to my account somehow?
No. The system has no provision for paying in behalf of someone else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

imitate wrote:Or do I need to create a new account?
Each donor has to have their own account. You would need to help them each create an account and then have them (or you for them) use their individual account to make their donations.
Adnelglees

Post by Adnelglees »

I am finding myself in the same situation. But I'm confused about what it means to set up separate account for my mother. I only have one email and that is recognized by my banking and hers. How do I set up or create a new account for my mother to make her own donation? Normally signin requires a user name and a password. My mother has no email nor does she know how to use anything online. Please help me of you can.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Adnelglees wrote:I'm confused about what it means to set up separate account for my mother.
I do not know if it will work, but it means that with her permission you would set up an LDS Account for her, with your email address, and then attach their banking account at the online Donations site.

I say I do not know if it would work, because I believe LDS Account checks for duplicate emails. You could set up a new email account for your mother. Many email providers, including Google, allow more than one email address at the same main account, and you would manage the email account for her.

Then you would sign in as her to make her donations.

Return to “Church Account”