Errant email from Missionary Online Recommendation System

Discussions about other Church websites
nathangg

Errant email from Missionary Online Recommendation System

Post by nathangg »

I used to be listed as a submitting clerk in the missionary online recommendation system, and when I was released I had the new person remove me from that system in December 2015.

My old stake president was released in April 2016.

However, both of us received an email from the Missionary Online Recommendation System 2 days ago stating that a missionary recommendation had been returned from Church headquarters. It gave the name and missionary ID of the missionary, and it seems that this email is quite private, yet it was sent to two people who have been released (and removed) from the system.

I'm not sure how to submit a bug about it... or if it is something that can/should be fixed?

Thank you~!
mjkenning

Re: Errant email from Missionary Online Recommendation System

Post by mjkenning »

We have had a similar thing happen in our stake as well. A recently released stake leader, whose callings have been updated continues to receive notifications from missionary_notifications@ldschurch.org. What can we do to make sure that this member stops receiving these emails?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A clerk who has been added by the stake president or bishop to assist in the Missionary System will continue to receive notifications until he is removed by the stake president or bishop who put him there. It is not affected by a normal change in calling in the LCR or MLS system. At least, that is the way it used to work.
mjkenning

Post by mjkenning »

The brother in question was the stake executive secretary and was released in December 2015. As far as I know, he has not been receiving these emails since his release until just now.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think it may be time to contact the Global Service Center and let them know what is happening.
mjkenning

Post by mjkenning »

In case others have this happen, I wanted to post what my experience was. The advice I received from the Global Service Center was generic: Have the stake president check the "Manage E-mail Notifications" section of MORS and remove the affected user. Since the member's email is not there, I asked what the next step would be. She stated that the stake president should contact the missionary department directly.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

If the stake LDSMail.net email address is still functioning, you could also check to see if there are any forwarding rules that may be sending emails to former leaders.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

mjkenning wrote:In case others have this happen, I wanted to post what my experience was. The advice I received from the Global Service Center was generic: Have the stake president check the "Manage E-mail Notifications" section of MORS and remove the affected user. Since the member's email is not there, I asked what the next step would be. She stated that the stake president should contact the missionary department directly.
Thank you for this update. I contacted the GSC and they said exactly the same thing.

I emailed the current Stake Executive Secretary and the current Stake President and have heard nothing back from them. Since my release in December 2015, I've continued to receive emails from MORS on:

* 3/2/16 (automated notification, no name)
* 3/10/16 (automated notification, no name)
* 5/7/16 (automated notification to change home unit for missionary, missionary name was included in email)
* 7/5/16 (automated notification, no name)
* 2/22/16 (notification stating missionary recommendation has been returned to stake. Missionary name included. I promptly notified the current stake executive secretary)
* 5/22/16 (notification stating missionary recommendation has been returned to stake. Missionary name included. I promptly notified the current stake executive secretary)

I will reach out again to the current Stake Executive Secretary and see if my email address (and the old stake president's email address) are still showing up.

Thanks~!

Return to “Other Websites”