"Take a Name"

wasmith1415

Re: "Take a Name"

Post by wasmith1415 »

FYI once you have reserved it in your Temple queue, you can always go into Family Search and manage the reservation like you normally would.
wasmith1415

Post by wasmith1415 »

Folks as a counter argument for using these types of tools, with the new policy about inactive reservations (2 years), using a tool like this to comb your tree would be helpful for finding names just coming off of being "reserved" by someone else. It will all so help with finding those people who just crept out from under the 110 year rule as well, that are not direct line relatives.

Did you Know that there is a similar type of applet built in the the Family Tree applet for Family Search???

If you have a tablet or an iPAD, try the Family Search version of "Take a Name" or Hope Chest". You find it in the Family Tree applet . Once you open the Family Tree applet, for an android, click on the three white bars in the upper left corner on the green bar. This pops out a menu bar, and now select "Ancestors with Tasks" The color symbology is the same as for Family Search, have fun attaching all the documentations, and submitting names.

For the iPAD, on the bar next to the bottom, it has a sigh post symbol, select that and it should take you to the same place.

Enjoy
angieholzer

Post by angieholzer »

Feedback for app,

It asks for the user to pay for the app. I am okay with this request, however, I didn't like how it was worded. You are putting people in a position to be dishonest if they simply don't want to pay. I have been helping my aged parents understand this app and they felt obligated to pay because you asked them to pay $ or mark the box, "I can't afford to pay". I think you should change the wording. If you need people to pay, then charge. If you want donations, then ask for them.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

angieholzer wrote:It asks for the user to pay for the app. I am okay with this request, however, I didn't like how it was worded. You are putting people in a position to be dishonest if they simply don't want to pay. I have been helping my aged parents understand this app and they felt obligated to pay because you asked them to pay $ or mark the box, "I can't afford to pay". I think you should change the wording. If you need people to pay, then charge. If you want donations, then ask for them.
You need to direct that to the developer. That's not a church created app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
riding15

Post by riding15 »

Thank you for helping me understand. We ran take a name on our iPad for my husband and on an iphone for me. However, now on both devices the names showing are only mine. We have checked the family names before and each device did show both. Then we purchased. And now can't find both families. Do you need any other information?.
cknutson

Post by cknutson »

riding15 wrote:Thank you for helping me understand. We ran take a name on our iPad for my husband and on an iphone for me. However, now on both devices the names showing are only mine. We have checked the family names before and each device did show both. Then we purchased. And now can't find both families. Do you need any other information?.
Shoot us an email (support@kinpoint.com) and we'll help you with your problem. As russelhltn pointed out previously in this thread, Take a Name is not a FamilySearch product, so questions and feedback should be directed to Kinpoint.
cjgreen

Post by cjgreen »

Is their any concern about giving our lds.org credentials to an app especially since those in leadership positions have access to sensitve information on their profiles.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cjgreen wrote:Is their any concern about giving our lds.org credentials to an app especially since those in leadership positions have access to sensitve information on their profiles.
As long as they are an officially recognized FamilySeach app, you should be OK. I would not give that information to any other app or web page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deanseila

Post by deanseila »

I like the app and what it can do, I very much appreciate the critiques of how to make the info most supportive. I have a question on the part of the app that asks for payment\donation. Where does this money go? I certainly am willing to support with a donation. But just want to know it is going to the right cause. I am supportive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

deanseila wrote: I have a question on the part of the app that asks for payment\donation. Where does this money go?
It goes to the person/company that wrote the app, just like other paid app.

Return to “FamilySearch Products”