Newly wed Couple with Spouse having children already

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
billdeniker

Newly wed Couple with Spouse having children already

Post by billdeniker »

We Have A family that Just moved into our ward today that were married a little over 2 months ago. The sister has a daughter that shows up attached to her but there is no member profile for the child is this normal. ( I askl because my son shows up attached to me and has a lds.org profile with record numbers and the like this young lady does not). Also I had to bring them in separately and combine the record here. I thought that was done at the time they were sealed or a few days after ?

So the question is

1. did I take the right course of action by moving them in and combining them at the ward level.
2. Why does the young child not show any kind of record info ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Newly wed Couple with Spouse having children already

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like the children's records are not properly linked with the parents. I'd give local unit support a call when they open Tuesday.

I'd be leery about trying to fix it on your end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”