Ward Mission Leader

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
richandshauna

Ward Mission Leader

Post by richandshauna »

I'm a brand new Ward Mission Leader, and according to Handbook 2, the primary function of the ward Mission Leader is coordinate ward efforts to find, teach, and baptize investigators. To accomplish this I need to identify all non member households within my ward boundaries.
Any suggestions on how I might get the name and addresses of these non members, so I can make contacts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Mission Leader

Post by russellhltn »

Richandshauna wrote:To accomplish this I need to identify all non member households within my ward boundaries.
Any suggestions on how I might get the name and addresses of these non members, so I can make contacts?
Are you talking about part-member families or the general population that are not members?

I'd talk to the membership clerk to get a listing of part member families. IIRC, there's a custom report he can run on MLS that will create the list.

If you're talking about the general population, I don't know of any resources. And even if you do come up with a list, I'd be careful about how you use it - as you might find the effort counter-productive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
richandshauna

Post by richandshauna »

To fulfill the objectives outlined in the handbook I need addresses of both non member households, and part member households. Thank you for the tip! The only way to get non member addresses that I can think of is to list all addresses of every household in ward boundaries, and overlay member and part member addresses, and what's left over would be the non member addresses! Thanks again
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Richandshauna wrote:To fulfill the objectives outlined in the handbook I need addresses of both non member households, and part member households. Thank you for the tip! The only way to get non member addresses that I can think of is to list all addresses of every household in ward boundaries, and overlay member and part member addresses, and what's left over would be the non member addresses! Thanks again
Your ward clerk and ward council can help you identify part-member households.

Outside of some areas in the Intermountain West, generating a list of all non-member households in the ward is going to be difficult. If you're in an area that is primarily LDS, your method of listing every address in the ward boundaries and overlaying member and part-member households will work. There are no Church-provided tools that will generate this information for you.

Return to “General Discussions”