Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
wendyhh48

Post by wendyhh48 »

my username and/or password is not recognized on log in, however it worked to get to this page????
Huntingdalebyn

Re: log in

Post by Huntingdalebyn »

same has happened to me, I was able to login here but not able to login to the family search web page
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I'm far from an expert in LDS Account login issues, but since I approved a post in this topic, here's an attempt to help--until somebody who really knows something responds...
wendyhh48 wrote:my username and/or password is not recognized on log in, however it worked to get to this page????
A little more information might help in finding a solution:

1) Is this the first time you have tried logging in via LDS Account? Or, have you logged in successfully in the past but cannot do so now?

2) Where exactly are you attempting to log in? (lds.org, familysearch.org, etc.)

3) What exactly happens when you attempt to log in? Exact quotations are more helpful than paraphrases, because sometimes the key is in the subtle details that paraphrasing drops.
Huntingdalebyn wrote:same has happened to me, I was able to login here but not able to login to the family search web page
Ditto on the above questions. Also, if this is the first time you are attempting to log in via LDS Account to FamilySearch, this might help:

1) Log in via LDS Account here at the LDSTech Forums or at lds.org. Verify that you can see information unique to your account.

2) Open a browser window or tab at familysearch.org.

3) Click on the 'Tree' button in the top banner.

4) There should be a "Sign In to FamilySearch" dialog. Toward the bottom of it, there should be a "Sign In with LDS Account" button. Click that.

5) That _should_ take you to your family tree.

If that does not work, please supply more details of exactly what happens at whatever step deviates from the above sequence.
Huntingdalebyn

Post by Huntingdalebyn »

Thank you for your help, Once I had logged in on this page, I then went back to the familysearch site and once I clicked on the login button it logged me into the site automatically

Return to “Church Account”