Senior missionary funds transfer

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
iankeithcurtis

Senior missionary funds transfer

Post by iankeithcurtis »

A senior missionary has started service overseas from our ward. We will be supporting her from the ward missionary fund. My problem is how to actually get her living expenses to her. I have been told to visit the ward's bank and ask them to set up a regular transfer to the senior missionary's account. This doesn't sound right, even if this was possible. I have also been told that there is an app somewhere, (but not where). Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Senior missionary funds transfer

Post by russellhltn »

What country are you in?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I would contact the missionary department and ask them how it should be handled. Handbook 1 section 4.6.1 indicates funds should not be sent directly to missionaries but section 4.6.3 does allow for ward missionary funds to be used for senior sisters in certain circumstances. I'm not sure how do the later without violating the former unless the church has some mechanism set up for it.

Setting up a transfer from the ward account does not sound correct and in the US and Canada is probably not possible since wards don't really have their own accounts.
iankeithcurtis

Post by iankeithcurtis »

I'm in the United Kingdom and I don't think wards really have their own accounts here, either. I'll take up the suggestion of contacting the missionary department. Thanks

Return to “Local Unit Finance”