Readmission Documents

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
justin.scott

Readmission Documents

Post by justin.scott »

I am the Stake Clerk with a bishop needing help with the readmission of a member who removed their records from the Church over 5 years ago. As noted in the Handbook (6.14.4).

The bishop and I have searched how to retrieve the Report of Administrative Action, with no success. The Handbook mentions that it is available from the Office of the First Presidency. Do we contact them directly, or is there another channel to get this paperwork? Via LDS.org?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by justin.scott on Mon May 15, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Readmission Documents

Post by russellhltn »

Please note that quoting Handbook 1 isn't allowed. The quote has been removed.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'd call CHQ and ask for Local Unit Support. At minimum, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

justin.scott wrote:I am the Stake Clerk with a bishop needing help with the readmission of a member who removed their records from the Church over 5 years ago. As noted in the Handbook (6.14.4).
You should be able to request it through Leader and Clerk Resources if you know the member's complete name and date of birth. If that does not work, call Local Unit Support and ask to speak with Confidential Records, who should be able to retrieve the Report and send it to the bishop or stake president..
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

See https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/ca/request-documents
Membership Record Number is not required if birth date is supplied.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”