SMS not received during setup of 2-factor auth

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bido101

SMS not received during setup of 2-factor auth

Post by bido101 »

I have tried several times to setup 2-factor authentication on my LDS Account. It fails during the step where a verification code is sent over SMS to my phone. The SMS never arrives.

My carrier is Republic Wireless and I have heard that some SMS APIs fail to recognize Republic phone numbers are "cell" numbers. Some type of classification thing. They are, in fact, phone numbers through Republic's parent company Bandwidth.com.

Is it possible to relax whatever validation checks are being done? I understand that it is possible that the SMS API vendor does this automatically without any control from the LDS Account side.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 9.22.12 AM.png
(60.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
celestewilliams

Re: SMS not received during setup of 2-factor auth

Post by celestewilliams »

I am having the same issue. I also have a Republic Wireless cell phone number.
seanmurdock

Post by seanmurdock »

Hey guys, this is Sean Murdock. I am happy to help, all you need to do is call the global service center and give them your phone numbers, they can escalate it up to me and I can take care of it.

Sean
michele.lee

Post by michele.lee »

Wow! I finally found out why I'm having the same issue. I also have a Republic Wireless phone. I had a problem back in January, but didn't have time to deal with it at the time. I guess I will contact the global service center.
kylehart

Post by kylehart »

Same problem but with Tmobile
slowpoke1938

Post by slowpoke1938 »

Am not able to receive SMS o on my cell phone. I no longer have a land line so the CELL is it. My land line # was [deleted] .
My cell # is [deleted] , my user is [deleted] my E-mail is [deleted] Cell # needs to be active.
Thanks for any help.
I am Alma Lloyd Jones
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

slowpoke1938 wrote:Am not able to receive SMS on my cell phone.
Ask your ward clerk to help you. He can also help you contact the Global Service Center if needed.

(Your personal information was deleted because this is a public forum available for everyone to see.)

Return to “Church Account”