Transferring myldsmail emails to gmail (via POP?)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Transferring myldsmail emails to gmail (via POP?)

Post by russellhltn »

taulealoen wrote:What happens if I didn't POP my ldsmail in time? Can I still retrieve it if it's been 6 months or is it gone forever and it sucks to be me?
You might be in luck. See this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:You might be in luck.
According to the post just prior to yours, it appears that things have changed. The poster got lucky thanks to some help from Headquarters.
armzyj

Post by armzyj »

Can I still retrieve my myldsmail email? I have been trying to reach it and it's going to be two years already. Please help me out. My ldsmail account is [redacted]. thank you!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

armzyj wrote:Can I still retrieve my myldsmail email? I have been trying to reach it and it's going to be two years already.
After this length of time, probably not. Work with your ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center and see if your account is still on the system. Access usually goes away after around 60 days, and the account usually is deleted not long after that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

armzyj wrote:it's going to be two years already.
According to a prior post, it would have been permanently deleted at 18 months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sagengoy

Post by sagengoy »

I just return from my mission and i want to serve my account to gmail, and am greatful to serve all my things here
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

The post linked in the first post in this thread has some useful information about timing of account actions:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 87#p153380

I'm afraid I'm not acquainted with exact procedures to download and transfer email. Some details would depend on your operating system and available tools. It's not POP-based, but one of the first options I would likely attempt would be to forward each message to a more permanent account.
emschmutz

Post by emschmutz »

Thanks so much! This helped a ton!!! Couldn't figure out why it said "Error: This account cannot be imported right now. Please try again later." but now it we could fix it. Thanks again!
brendangauna

Post by brendangauna »

Hey, So I saw the pop screen the first two times when I signed in to my account but I put it off, now it doesn't show up anymore. All it does is take me strait to my email, since I don't have my password it will not let me transfer my emails. I've only been home for about a month so if I could get some advice, I would really appreciate it!
ianunick1456

Post by ianunick1456 »

If we have lost/forgotten the 10-digit password required to export the emails via POP, is there a way that we can reset that, or a way we can retrieve it?

Return to “General Discussions”