Contacting the office in charge of the main tithing account

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lordfunkydunc

Contacting the office in charge of the main tithing account

Post by lordfunkydunc »

Hi, I am trying to contact a member of the church office responsible for the tithing account, we live in a remote Scottish island (one of the Orkney Islands) and we are setting up to pay tithing direct into the church tithing account and we have paid a test amount and want to check it went in ok.

Does anyone have an email address or phone number I can contact them on please
I have tried the global service number 00800-2950-2950 and it says they are closed, but does not give opening times
Biggles

Re: Contacting the office in charge of the main tithing account

Post by Biggles »

The opening hours are: - Mon 11:00 to 17:00 hrs. Tue to Fri 15:00 to 21:00 hrs. Local UK time.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I don't know if there is a toll-free number, but if you call this number, (801) 240-1000 and ask for the church finance department they can get you in the right place.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:I don't know if there is a toll-free number, but if you call this number, (801) 240-1000 and ask for the church finance department they can get you in the right place.
Being on a Scottish island, they probably need to talk to their area office. CHQ is also the area office for North America. I think the number Biggles supplied is probably the area office for their area.

If they were to call CHQ, they'd need to add the country code 1 to that number. So, +1 (801) 240-1000.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
johnshaw wrote:I don't know if there is a toll-free number, but if you call this number, (801) 240-1000 and ask for the church finance department they can get you in the right place.
Being on a Scottish island, they probably need to talk to their area office. CHQ is also the area office for North America. I think the number Biggles supplied is probably the area office for their area.

If they were to call CHQ, they'd need to add the country code 1 to that number. So, +1 (801) 240-1000.
Correct!

The OP listed the correct phone number for the UK.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I just re-read the item, and if you're paying directly to the church for tithing those will also transfer to the online web tool. If you access LDS.org, log in with your LDS Account, then select 'My Account and Ward' and select My Ward --> Donations. Then review your donations for the latest 'test' transaction.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

johnshaw wrote:I just re-read the item, and if you're paying directly to the church for tithing those will also transfer to the online web tool.
I think they might use a different system in the United Kingdom, just as they do in Brazil and Canada.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I think they might use a different system in the United Kingdom, just as they do in Brazil and Canada.
At this point, I think on-line donations is only available in US, Canada and Brazil. Other countries may have a system more like the US bill pay - not on-line, but not paper check either.

While only a few countries can donate via the on-line system, I think several more can see their donation history there. I don't know if the UK area is one them or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:I think they might use a different system in the United Kingdom, just as they do in Brazil and Canada.
At this point, I think on-line donations is only available in US, Canada and Brazil. Other countries may have a system more like the US bill pay - not on-line, but not paper check either.

While only a few countries can donate via the on-line system, I think several more can see their donation history there. I don't know if the UK area is one them or not.
We in the UK can only see our donation history online. Unfortunately not able donate online yet. :(
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Biggles wrote:
russellhltn wrote:

We in the UK can only see our donation history online. Unfortunately not able donate online yet. :(
So it appears the original poster can check the latest donations online. - just wanted to reiterate since there are several posts speculating the negative.

Return to “Online Donations”