Added Excommunicated Members to Roles

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
stephenburton

Added Excommunicated Members to Roles

Post by stephenburton »

Is there a way to add an excommunicated member to the class roles? It would help individuals who are in the repentance process avoid embarrassing situations when others ask why their name isn't on the role.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Added Excommunicated Members to Roles

Post by russellhltn »

Short of penciling it in before passing it around? Not that I'm aware of.

Teachers should probably be aware so they don't put them in a bind by calling on them in class.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

stephenburton wrote:Is there a way to add an excommunicated member to the class roles? It would help individuals who are in the repentance process avoid embarrassing situations when others ask why their name isn't on the role.
They're not members, so they can't be added. I agree that it can create an awkward situation, but don't really know that there's a good solution unless the First Presidency changes policy in this regard.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

One partial solution is to just not pass around the role but have the secretary fill it out instead. That means the secretary has to know everyone in the class but when I was EQ secretary I felt that was part of my calling. It's a bit trickier for Sunday School since the secretary may be responsible for several classes at once but then other members of the SS presidency could help.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”