changing membership status

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
shepitt

changing membership status

Post by shepitt »

It will not let me enter my member number because it says I am registered as a non-member and that I need to change my membership status but I cannot find a way to do that. went to settings, all subheadings and there is no way to change my membership status
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: changing membership status

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi! Did you go to the Membership tab at LDSAccount.LDS.org?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cathieschultz

Post by cathieschultz »

Cannot change Primary Log in from my wife to my name.
(She now has a new computer and I use the old one)

Since she initially set up her Log in a few years ago it wont change.
Every time I Log into LDS.org it defaults to my wife Log in.
I change it every time to my Log In but it never saves.

I am just trying to remove her Log in for mine in LDS.org
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This sounds like she saved her password to the Browser. If true, this has nothing to do with LDS.org as the Browser is automatically populating the log in information. You should be able to clear it within the browser and the behavior will stop. Directions vary by Browser - but you can find directions with a simple Google search for "remove saved passwords"
sandygunder

Post by sandygunder »

sbradshaw wrote:Hi! Did you go to the Membership tab at LDSAccount.LDS.org?
I'm having the same problem and have done what you've suggested above, however, it tells me i'm registered as a non-member and to change my status to member, but when i enter my membership number, it just tells me i'm registered as a non-member. Very frustrating as i've been called to a new position and need to use our ward and stake calendar. If you've got any further help you can offer, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks :)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What's the exact wording of the error it gives you when you enter your membership number?
pereza1234

Post by pereza1234 »

soy secretario de mi barrio y no puedo entrar alos registros de mi barrio porque mi status estoy como no miembro ,al hacer mi cadastro de mi cuenta sud cometi um herror colocando como jno mkiembro ,siendo que soy miembro antiguo servi uma mision y ahora me encuentro em brasil y tengo el llamado de secretario de mi barrio y tengo el acceso negado a los registros de mi barrio por causa de esse herror que cometi al hacer mi cuenta sud por nfavor quisiera que cambien mi status como miembro de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los últimos dias
EllyG

Post by EllyG »

I am also having the same problem connecting my membership record number to my account number so that I can apply for pathways program. It gives me the same error. It says, " you have stated that you are not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Change your membership status to gain full access. ". I have gone to every site that it will allow me to and there is nothing where it will allow me to change my membership status. Help!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To change your account to an LDS member account, go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, then enter your membership record number under the Membership tab.
CMH2009

Post by CMH2009 »

I’ve tried the suggestion listed above, here is the wording I’m getting;
You have stated that you are not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. Change s your membership status to gain full access.

When I enter in my MRN is get this error:
Either the MRN and/or birthdate is not valid or th account already exists.

How do I correct this?

Return to “Church Account”