Camera w/ mount for Stake Confrence

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
MonteLDS

Camera w/ mount for Stake Confrence

Post by MonteLDS »

Recently I had been asked to setup the video / audio for stake conference. While rather easy we had one huge issue, the RCA port for the camera was not working. This made it impossible for people to watch stake conference with special needs in the relief society room...

I also dislike that the camera port was from the back corner of the chapel which would be walked in front of or show our stake executive secretary every move in the frame, and would make it hard to view the chorister.

So what I ended up doing was bringing my personal prosumer equipment and center the camera in the gym so my camera could run the feed of the video to the 2 projectors in the back that were directly to my left and right.

OK this all being said, I want to fix things for next stake conference and was wondering if anyone building is equipped with a mounted video camera that pointed at the podium and if so what do you use? I am thinking we might end up using something similar to a security camera but I would want to have it be removable. Suggestions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Camera w/ mount for Stake Confrence

Post by lajackson »

MonteLDS wrote:OK this all being said, I want to fix things for next stake conference and was wondering if anyone building is equipped with a mounted video camera that pointed at the podium and if so what do you use?
Our chapel used as a stake center built a few years ago came with an EVI-D70 camera mounted at the side rear of the chapel just under the fluorescent light box. It is there permanently and is wired to the A/V rack/cabinet.
seanhyte

Post by seanhyte »

The standard the Church uses for mounted camera is the Sony EVI-D80.

The page on MHTech.lds.org shows the standard webcast equipment: https://www.lds.org/help/support/webcas ... s?lang=eng
MonteLDS

Post by MonteLDS »

Thanks for that info. Wish it was higher quality video output.. but then again it's just going be used 2 to 3 times a year...
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Work with the High Councilman over facilities - meet with the FM group about doing the work necessary for mounting the camera. You can search back through this group, many, many posts about how other stakes have done it...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
MonteLDS

Post by MonteLDS »

I wrote my stake presidency and we hope to get the local FM group to do the work along with updating the video cable in the building due to its spotty issues

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”