Family History Activity Report access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Family History Activity Report access

Post by nathangg »

Hi,

Is there a way to allow the YM, YW, and Sunday School president access to the Family History Indicator Report? They are on the ward council, and allowing all members of the ward council to access this report can help provide visibility to the whole ward council. Also, as YM and YW leaders plan activities, having direct access to this report can show them how the youth are doing on completing temple and family history related tasks and help youth leaders decide if they could/should have an additional temple/family history related activity.

I've already submitted feedback on the page... not sure if there is another way to make a suggestion or gain understanding into report access?

Thank you~!

Background:

The Family History Activity Report is currently in beta ( see https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng ).

The Release Notes says it is accessible by "Ward Leaders".

However, it seems that "Ward Leaders" != "Ward Council" since currently the access table shows that:

The following ward council members have access:
  • Bishop + Counselors
  • Executive Secretary
  • Ward Clerk
  • Ward Mission Leader
  • High Priests Group Leader (plus assistants)
  • Elders Quorum President (plus counselors)
These ward council members do not have access:
  • Young Men President
  • Young Women President
  • Sunday School President
I always thought that ward council members were first a member of the ward council and then second, a representative of their auxiliary (at least this is how I was trained by the bishopric and stake presidency). This new report is SUPER AWESOME, but since there a few members of the ward council that don't have access it seems the training I received may not be correct. Is this perhaps just an oversight? Or do we really want to hide this report from some members of the ward council?

After re-reading handbook 2, chapter 4.4 and 4.5, it feels like the ward council works as a whole for the benefit and well-being of all ward members. It feels like this report could fall under the entire ward council's purview?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Family History Activity Report access

Post by lajackson »

nathangg wrote:Is there a way to allow the YM, YW, and Sunday School president access to the Family History Indicator Report?
As you noted, the new report is in beta. When it is released to production, all members of the ward council should have access. According to the release notes, this should happen in mid-June.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”