Record of missionary service

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
curtiscall

Record of missionary service

Post by curtiscall »

A member has requested official record of their term of missionary service (start date, stop date, and location). They need this to use as a personal reference in a legal proceeding. I've checked the standard IOS report and it only shows the mission country and language. Is there anyway to get a printout that has the dates?

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Record of missionary service

Post by eblood66 »

There is no way available to the local unit of printing that kind of information. If it's possible it would have to come from Local Unit Support or the missionary department. You can call or email the global service center and ask.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Depending how long ago the mission finished, the information might be available online in the Missionary application portal. The Ward Clerk can do this. Otherwise eblood66's advice would be the way to go.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Biggles wrote:Depending how long ago the mission finished, the information might be available online in the Missionary application portal. The Ward Clerk can do this.
The ward must also have had some role in the mission (applied from the ward, the ward was financially responsible or was the home ward). But it's worth checking. I don't know if you can print anything official there but it's possible.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

If the mission was originally instigated online, any returned missionaries details are listed at bottom of the main page. This information shows start and end dates and in which mission served.
curtiscall

Post by curtiscall »

Thanks all. I think the mission was served in the early 2000's so it likely predates the missionary application portal and I'm not sure if it was even from this ward or not, but I'll have the Ward Clerk check anyway just in case (I'm the Membership Clerk and it doesn't appear that I have access to the missionary portal). I also sent a request to the Global Service Center to ask them if there is a way to get this information to the member.

Return to “Membership Help”