Password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
beckiedavis

Password

Post by beckiedavis »

Several years ago I volunteered at the MTC as a seamstress and was issued an MTC pass card. At that time I assume I was put on a volunteer list. I haven't worked there since the sisters alteration department was closed down three years ago. I still received requests to change my password every 6 months. Even then I had no access to computers with member info on it. Now I teach a lay person institute class. I have no access to membership info other than "tools" on my iphone. Why do I have to change my password every 6 months? This is difficult for me I do a lot of family research so I need access to familysearch but have problems remembering all these passwords, especially if I'm on a list of heightened security that I'm not supposed to be on. Can you look into it and make sure I'm not being required to change PWs more often than necessary? Thank you
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Password

Post by sbradshaw »

Your institute calling is the reason the password change is required. Institute attendance is tracked at a page on LDSChurch.org (the employment/workforce site) as opposed to LDS.org (the ecclesiastical site), which is part of the reason; also, because some seminary and institute personnel are paid employees, your account is put in the same category as the others and is considered "workforce" (you should see a workforce tab if you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”