directory information

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Omaobyn

directory information

Post by Omaobyn »

I was surprised to see that mine and my husband's ages are listed next to our names in the directory. We seem to be the only ones with this information. How do I remove our ages?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: directory information

Post by lajackson »

Omaobyn wrote:I was surprised to see that mine and my husband's ages are listed next to our names in the directory. We seem to be the only ones with this information. How do I remove our ages?
Everyone can see their own age in the Directory, but none of the other members can see it (except for certain leaders).
Omaobyn

Post by Omaobyn »

Thanks so much! But, what is the purpose of this? Is it for certain leaders, which would probably already have that information? We already know how old we are. . .
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Hard to say but I think it's mostly a side effect of leaders being able to view information not visible to everyone. That includes not only age and also ordinance details and certain other information. Permissions were set so that leaders can see that information for those they are responsible for and individuals can see it for their own households. The later may not be useful in the case of age but it can be useful for ordinance information where members may want to know the baptism or ordination dates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Omaobyn wrote:We already know how old we are. . .
But now you know how old the church thinks you are. ;)

It's a good cross-check to make sure the church's records are accurate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”