Online tithing - Changing U.S. configurations to Brazil Configurations

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dbeccari

Online tithing - Changing U.S. configurations to Brazil Configurations

Post by dbeccari »

Hey there!

I lived in the U.S. for a while and set up my online tithing by registering my bank account information and so on. It worked great!

I have since changed to Brasil, which has just now started to apply the online tithing system as well... However, the transaction method is different, where U.S. uses a ACH Debit and Brazil uses a "Boleto Bancário".

My issue arises when my account is still linked to the ACH Debit form and stuck in the USD currency. I cannot choose to use the "Boleto Bancário" nor do I have the option to change the currency from USD to Reais. My membership records are in my current Brazilian ward, but the donation system seems to have me still in the U.S..

Is there anything I can do to change this? Is there any configuration or setting that I have missed, that changes this?

Thank-you for the help guys!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Online tithing - Changing U.S. configurations to Brazil Configurations

Post by lajackson »

dbeccari wrote:I have since changed to Brasil, which has just now started to apply the online tithing system as well... However, the transaction method is different, where U.S. uses a ACH Debit and Brazil uses a "Boleto Bancário".
I suggest you send an email to donations@ldschurch.org and explain your situation. They probably will be able to make the switch for you, or remove you from the U.S. system so that you can establish yourself again in Brazil.

Return to “Church Account”