multiple highlights in one verse

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

mlz01

multiple highlights in one verse

Post by mlz01 »

Hi. I am liking the new improvements to the app! One comment or question I have is this:

I highlight several words in one verse with the same color as separate highlights. Later if I need to go back and select one of them to change it or add to it etc, I have to choose the whole verse and pick from the one I want. What is difficult is that if they are all the same color, I don't know which one to choose because it doesn't tell me which one is which. I end up choosing each one of them one at a time until I find the one I want. It would be really nice if you could see which one you are choosing instead of the whole verse being highlighted and you have to blindly pick from your different highlights. I hope this makes sense! Thanks.
ToManyLetters

Re: multiple highlights in one verse

Post by ToManyLetters »

I don't understand what you're talking about. There's no need to select the whole verse to edit a highlight or underline. Just select the text that has the highlight or underline, then open the context menu.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I am talking about after you have already highlighted and you want to go back and and change or add a note etc to the already existing highlights. The only way I have found to do this is by right clicking the verse which selects the whole verse and all the highlights. Then you have to choose which highlight you want. Well, if you have several in one verse that are all the same color, you can't figure out which one you are selecting without choosing them all one at a time until you get the one you want.

I hope that makes sense. If there is an easier way to choose which highlight you want to edit besides right clicking the whole verse-let me know! Thanks.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Let me know if this video helps you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpu_0xD1DoE

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to read through the help documentation in the app. If you're on a device with a keyboard, you can jump right to help by pressing F1. Otherwise, you can open help from the home page by scrolling down to the very bottom of the library, then opening Help.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

Thank you for trying to help me. I watched the video and in it, when they go over the highlight they want to edit, a circle with horizontal lines appears. That does not appear when I go over my highlight. I wish it would. It would be much easier. I click on the highlight and drag over it and it just adds another highlight over top of the one I want to select. The only way I can select a highlight is to right click the entire verse and choose from all the highlights as I stated above. How do I make the round circle appear so I can select the highlight I want? Thanks.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I figured it out! I had the live cursor selected at the top. When I unselect that, the circle appears and I can choose which highlight I want. Thanks!!!!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

I was just about to explain that you'd turned on the Live Cursor feature, a feature that allows you to quickly add many highlights without interruption. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

Now that I figured out what the live cursor is and how to use it, I am really loving it! I am so excited about the improvements and am finding that I like some of the things in the windows version better than the android version which I have loved!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”