Notes window

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

mlz01

Notes window

Post by mlz01 »

First let me say that there have been many improvements in the app! Hopefully it will continue to improve and function as well as the ios and android versions.

I have one comment/request: When you go to add a note to a highlight, a new window pops up. You add all your text to the note and you can scroll down to add as much text as you want. This works great. The part that doesn't work is below it. Below the scrolling text you can add your tags and notebooks. If you add a lot of tags (like I always do) the notebooks are pushed down below the area that is visible and you can't scroll down to see the notebooks making you unable to change or add or even see what notebooks you are putting the note into. If you only have a couple tags it's not an issue because you can still see the notebooks, but if you add several tags or notebooks you can't see the bottom of the window where the notebooks are because you can't scroll down.

I hope this makes sense! It would be really nice if you could scroll down there too so you can see all the tags and also the notebooks.
mlz01

Re: Notes window

Post by mlz01 »

It would also be great if the notebooks were listed alphabetically when you go to assign it a notebook or if you could type it in. I have over 100 notebooks and when I go to add a note to a notebook, I have to scroll through all of them to find the one I want. Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library for Android has a sort option in the top left on that screen. Maybe Windows could do something similar (choose to sort by name, or to sort by most recent).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

I hope this makes sense! It would be really nice if you could scroll down there too so you can see all the tags and also the notebooks.
In all our testing, you're the first person that's had so many tags that it exposed this issue with the editor. I've added the issue to our known issues list as VSO 827, which you can review here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Librar ... ons_Editor
It would also be great if the notebooks were listed alphabetically when you go to assign it a notebook or if you could type it in. I have over 100 notebooks and when I go to add a note to a notebook, I have to scroll through all of them to find the one I want. Thanks!
I've pushed for the ability to type notebooks in like tags. I'll suggest it again to the developer who is currently working on polishing the annotations editor.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

Thank you! I am an extensive user of gospel library. I had always used the android version and was excited to use the windows version a while back when I got my surface pro, but was extremely sad to see how behind the app was. I am excited it has made some progress so now I can start using my surface pro to study my scriptures instead of my little phone screen! I have over 10,000 notes in my scriptures, over 160 notebooks, and close to 200 tags that I use. When the gospel library came out it completely changed my scripture study! It's been great. I do have several other issues with the windows version that I am trying to figure out before I post here. I look forward to all the improvements that are still in the pipeline. Thanks!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”